Homework #2 asked us to sculpt our character design. I decided to use modeling clay to render my character. I didn’t capture many in process photos because my hands were messy with the clay residue.
I used this skeleton to measure out my wire skeleton in proportion.
I then used foil to wrap most of the body to give it an instant shape.
Clay was added to block in the figure.
A variety of sculpting tools were used. It was pretty hard using the tools. I’m not sure if I used them properly some of the time, but good ol’ finger forming seem to be very familiar to me.
The yo-yo weapon looks like a macaroon.
In the end, the pose looks okay. I will choose a different pose for future assignments. I will aim to make it more dynamic and more in line to the character I envision.